Dept. of Math Sciences
Kent State University
Math & CS Building
Summit Street, Kent OH 44242
soprunova [at] math.kent.edu
The students are required to take at least 32 semester hours of graduate credit with at least 16 semester hours at the 60000 level and 22 semester hours in mathematics. The program features graduate-level courses with advanced content directed at secondary teachers, offered in on-line or mixed format. If the student follows the recommended coursework path the degree would be completed in three years. At the end of the program students make a presentation based of their Capstone project.
Recommended Coursework (3 years):
- 15 hours MATH at 50000 level: The students are expected to pick five courses from the list below. Course descriptions are available at http://www.kent.edu/math/graduate/graduate-courses.cfm. Other 50000-level classes may also work. (Talk to the program advisor.)
- 8 hours of MATH courses at 60000 level.
- 9 hours of Curriculum and Instruction courses at 60000 level: three 3-hour courses. These courses are offered in the evenings with one class meeting a week.
- C&I 67225 Research in Mathematic Education (Fall, each year)
- C&I 67791 Seminar in Mathematics Education (Spring, even years only)
- C&I 67224 Teaching Mathematics Using Computers (Fall, each year)